Preggo Remorse
Now, this is an entry I NEVER thought I would write, but here goes… Last fall when Julia Roberts was pregnant with her twins and confined to bed rest, I read an interview where she said, “I absolutely LOVE being pregnant! I’ve been giddy and happy the entire time!!” I scoffed, and thought, “Yeah, sure, when you can afford all the help, nannies and therapy in the world, who WOULDN’T have a great time being pregnant!?” I especially thought fondly of that article as I rode in the ambulance to the ER with my crippling preggo-related back pain back in January. BUT, all that said, I have to say, eight months into this ordeal I feel ABSOLUTELY THE SAME WAY. It’s positively nuts. Seriously – all swollen ankles, poor fashion and hormonal mood swings considered. Apparently, Mother Nature does a wicked happy dance on the ole psyche during pregnancy that prepares moms-to-be for feats NEVER thought possible – namely, childbirth. Don’t get me wrong – this is definitely the most petrifying experience of my life, but it has also been the single most amazing one, too. I’m actually kinda sad to not be pregnant anymore. Perhaps this is God’s way of convincing us to have more children – make the first pregnancy easy, and the rest pure hell. Now, stay tuned for the update AFTER that whole labor gig…


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home