I’ll-Fitting Clothing
I have to admit, I’ve been quite proud of myself being able to put off having to buy maternity clothes until the EIGHTH month of pregnancy. You gotta admit, that’s mighty impressive. But, recently I realized a few essential things:
1) I was either wearing a size WAY too big for me pre-pregnancy, or I have permanently stretched out all of my clothing so I’ll end up having to buy a whole new wardrobe after Baby arrives anyhow.
2) Just because it fits, doesn’t mean it looks good – or even respectable.
3) While fashion suicide, most maternity clothes are actually more comfortable than stuffing this belly into clothing designed for those who don’t get stuck trying to roll over in bed. And when did I manage to lose sight of comfort?! Unforgivable.
4) Hemlines on a skirt vary in proportion to how much additional belly goes into the skirt. I’m sure you get the visual…
5) Same goes for pant hems and waistlines. It isn’t pretty.
The real issue here was realizing the cold hard facts: I’m pregnant. The belly is going to get big. And, there is nothing I can do to avoid this reality now! So, it was off to the maternity store I went. And, I’m proud to say today I’m adorning the cutest little mommy-to-be shirt with the classic tie-across-the-back bow, and I feel good. My elastic waistband pants aren’t cutting my belly in two, and Baby Knapp has been kicking for joy all morning. Provided, I’m still not going to overhaul the wardrobe at this point, but there is something to be said for a few pieces of well-fitting maternity wear. See, this is what happens when your dear husband tells you you’re pretty “no matter what.” We just start letting ourselves go…


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home