Big Baby Follow-Up
We saw our doctor tonight, and the scoop on the “your baby is 2 ½ weeks ahead of schedule” deal is that we’re simply going to have a big, ole baby sometime near August 21st. While the tech was alarmed by the possibility of gestational diabetes (I passed that test with flying colors, by the way), our much-more-level-headed doctor reminded us that we’re no munchkins ourselves, so what would we expect?! She said, “Dennis, you’re what, 6’2”? And Rebecca, 5’8”? Yeah, you’re just going to have a big kid. It’s something called ‘heredity.’” (Have I mentioned how much I love our doctor?!) So, in a futile attempt to believe that I’ll have anything to do with how labor is going to turn out, I’ve decided that I’ll do everything I can to avoid a C-Section, but if that’s what ends up happening, then so be it. God doesn’t give us more than we can handle, right? So, I trust this experience won’t be an exception!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home