Sunday, April 24, 2005

D-Man Gets in on the Action!

Baby Knapp had another rousing batch of hiccups, and I decided it was time to induct Dennis into this whole baby experience. You see, he’s been reluctant to “feel” for baby just in case he didn’t feel anything and would have reason to worry about something being wrong. Fine, I can understand the reasoning. But, as Baby nearly shot me across the bed, I knew this was the big day! So, with a reluctant paw, he sat with me trepidatiously, hand-on-belly and waiting for that magical kick. Unfortunately, Baby never kicks in the exact same place twice, so it took a couple tries. Then, miracles upon miracles, Wee-Willy Knapp gave a hearty 1-2 punch right into Dennis’ hand! My heart instantly melted when I saw his smile in response, and I daresay he may have gotten his first Daddy goose bumps. What a great father he’s going to be… Of course, now, he is mystified about my having a “person” in my belly. And, he is dumbfounded at how my innards are being slowly and (sometimes) gently rearranged to make room for this little person to fit snuggly into his wife’s body – one I’m sure he’s not recognizing much any more! BUT, if one thing is for sure, he is absolutely sure there is something good and highly bizarre going on in there. These are the “firsts” that make this experience so special – magical even. Someday we’ll take those kicks for granted. Today just doesn’t happen to be that day! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home