Halfway There...
Today I hit five months exactly, and I have to say, today I officially FEEL pregnant. All the other month milestones came and went without much change, and while I felt emotionally pregnant (just ask Dennis, he knows all about those hormones!), I haven't really felt very physically pregnant. But today, life is different...
I officially have a lump in my belly, which incidentally is fond of neither Cutie walking on it nor me laying on it. While I'm used to my left ankle swelling (from my birth defect), the right ankle is now starting to keep up the pace. I noticed walking and standing up is done with different, quite ungraceful ease. And, I suppose this was all confirmed by Dennis telling me that my stomach "looks different" - I think that's his sweet husband way of saying my belly doesn't just look like fat anymore. He's too nice to ever be so painfully honest! (I love you, Baby Doll!)
So, may today officially mark the day when Rebecca Knapp officially became a "pregnant lady!" You ladies who have been there before must certainly know what I mean... Now, if I can just get past this "are you pregnant or just gaining weight" phase, then I'll be OK. I should be careful what I wish for. Come 3rd tri, I'll be wishing I were "normal" again - especially when the humidity sets in. Soon enough, I fear, soon enough!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home