Thursday, June 16, 2005

Dennis is Going to be a GREAT Daddy

The other day, I caught Dennis playing with Cutie, telling him about Baby Knapp coming and giving a hearty lecture about good dog behavior (he doesn’t know yet that it’s useless with Cutie). Sometimes I hear him talking to Cutie about “nummers” (aka kibble) in the kitchen, and secretly sneaking him treats and free plate licks when he thinks I’m not looking. And, there’s something about looking over to see your husband snuggled up on the couch with perhaps the gayest dog ever and loving him like a real son that makes every fleeting reservation and worry about what kind of Daddy he is going to be completely disappear. One of the reasons I fell in love with Dennis is because early on I saw what a phenomenal father he would be some day, and I have to say, one of the things (or perhaps, the ONLY thing) I don’t worry about is how great of a Daddy he is going to be. Oh, HE still has panic attacks about the realities of fatherhood, but I’m not concerned one bit. I can’t wait for the little kicking fool who I’ve been bonding with all this time to meet and connect with his/her father. With the love and respect I have for my own late father, I openly declare that Baby Knapp is truly one fortunate child!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home