Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Childbirth Classes - R.I.P.

Last night was our final childbirth class, and I have to say, somewhat thankfully. While we got to see the “Red Asphalt” of child birthing videos, learn about pain relief options and practice swaddling a “lifelike” non-squirming plastic child, neither one of us felt like we got out of it all that we expected. Perhaps we would notice a difference if we HADN’T sat through six weeks of Tuesday meetings, but other than the complimentary snacks and stories from some ridiculously melodramatic couples (to the final day, there was a woman in our class who insisted that she would either have an epidural or no baby! Uh, yeah… Her doctor is going to LOVE her!), I’d have to say the experience was a bit lackluster. Perhaps we’re just not as freaked out as we thought (or maybe should?) be, but we’re going into this entire experience with very open minds and, honestly, whatever happens is going to happen. Our job is to simply roll with the punches! Maybe I’m missing something, but I think these classes are just one more pregnancy “must have” that really isn’t all that necessary. Oh well, live and learn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home