I've Got the Pregnancy Glow!?
So, last night I absolutely could not stand it any more, and I had to stop at Taco Bell to feed this child's cravings (you'll notice I'm not taking responsibility for the cravings - it's all the kid!) Anyhow, as I walk in, I notice there is a special needs-type man with a voice volume control issue working the register. Fine, I think. No big deal. So, I step up to place my order, and as we're fidgeting with the ATM swiper, he says, "What are you, about 18?" I laughed and said, "Not quite." "How old are you?" "30," I said. A few moments of awkward silence pass... "Got any kids?" "One on the way." "That's wonderful! When are you due?" "August." Another moment of silence. "Well, he's a lucky man. You are one lovely looking lady, ma'am. Lucky man..." Thoroughly blushing, because the entire restaurant has overheard this conversation, I eeked out a "thank you" and tried to bury myself in the crowd. Until I left, he was noticeably distracted and kept looking at me out of the corner of his eye. I grabbed my order and left as fast as I could to put the poor guy out of his misery. Yes, he was a little odd to begin with, but a compliment IS a compliment, right!? God bless "Clinton" at the Mayfair Taco Bell... ;-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home