Friday, January 14, 2005

Breaking the News to Coworkers!

Since I got over the hurdle of telling the bosses yesterday, today I could relax a bit with my big announcement to the rest of the staff. We're only an office of 10, and it's like a big family, so this announcement should be more fun. I first told the only other woman in the office (since she knew we were trying), and we got out all the girl talk on baby having (since she also has a four-year-old), which was fun! Then, at lunch, I picked up a little cake with pink, blue and yellow flowers. I had them write on it " 1 + 1 = 3 " and then set out the cake with a sign that said, "To the LRG team from Dennis & Rebecca. Can YOU do the math?" It was a great hit, and everyone was very excited for us - at least, as excited as an office of men can get. Ironically, one of my coworkers found out that he was going to be a grandpa just the night before, and his daughter is due a week before me. How exciting for him to be around so many hormones, eh?! Anyhow, it is definitely a relief to be able to talk about our big secret openly now, and I don't feel like I have to hide anything (or any symptoms) any more. Now, if I could just resolve this back pain, we'd be having one fairly spectacular pregnancy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home