TWO Positive Tests!
Per Dennis' request, rooted in his total and complete state of denial, this morning I bought and took a SECOND home pregnancy test, and lo and behold, it too came out postitive! I made our first doctor's appointment (January 11th), to which Dennis replied, "Do they know if you're pregnant or not?" He doesn't quite get it yet... He said he won't believe it until a doctor confirms it, and has trouble trusting a $10 pregnancy test from a drug store - never mind what my body is (or isn't!) doing! I put both tests in a baby bottle and left a note for Dennis on the kitchen counter to congratulate him on being a daddy, but I'm going to do my best not to pressure him about it. Even though we have been trying since August, the reality of the whole thing is still a little hard for him to swallow. I have a sneaking suspicion that when he hears that little heart beat in January, his big 'ole heart will melt right then and there! He's going to be SUCH a great father! In the meantime, I'm still trying to fully comprehend this whole spectacular blessing! We're going to be PARENTS! And, I don't even know which stroller I prefer!!! I am just SO thankful and blessed, and I'm praying hard that everything goes well and "stays put" until we learn more on January 11th. In the meantime, I just can't stop smiling... :-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home