That Magic Day!!!
Today was a pretty spectacular day for both of us! Dennis got his Lord of the Rings Extended Version DVD (what the man lives for!), he finished three of his finals, announced that he's had the BEST semester of his life!, received his very fun gift basket of Wisconsin cheese from my mom and got out early from school (simple pleasures)! I got a wonderful Starbucks caramel apple cider, became an Avon lady, got to enjoy a Culver's dinner with my Baby Doll (care of my sister - thanks again!) AND... found out that we're PREGNANT!
After a dissappointing negative pregnancy test on Sunday, signs and symptoms still suggested otherwise. So, we decided to get another test just to put our minds at ease. One bar, negative. Two bars, bun in the oven. After checking, rechecking and even checking the instructions in Spanish, sure enough... TWO bars! Dennis wouldn't believe it, and insisted that I buy another test tomorrow to make sure. The first emotion that crossed my mind was: FEAR! But then, pure elation! Praise God! And praise St. Gerard! - the patron saint of motherhood. I've been praying fervently to both over the past month.
Today, I'm still completely overwhelmed, but, of course, I've already planned out our life for the next year (yeah, God mocks plans!). I've started wondering what it's going to be like, when it's going to hurt and how many needles they are going to stick in me?! Perhaps I shouldn't start counting...
This is kinda fun, because we're not telling anyone yet, so it's like I'm talking to everyone, but NO one at the same time. Creepy. Moral of the story: I need a life. That's it, time to go to bed. Catch ya'll (or nobody) later! Yipee!!! ;-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home