Sunday, January 02, 2005

Shopping Trip to Schaumberg!

Today after church, and while Dennis was at work, I snuck in a trip down to Schaumburg (1 1/2 hours south of Milwaukee) to visit our "local" IKEA and check out the closest Babies 'R Us store, too. Other than the other 5,000 people who had the same idea as me at IKEA, it was a wonderful day! (There is the best shopping in this town - there IS hope for the Mid-West!) I had a fun time playing with all the baby stuff at Babies 'R Us, and I was able to pick out a few things that would save Dennis hours of decision making at a future date! He was eternally grateful! It was apparent to me, though, that having a baby is just another opportunity for mass retail commercialism, and does a child REALLY need ALL that stuff? No... A baby needs food, warmth and love. I'm convinced everything else is really for the parent's entertainment. But, we'll see... Maybe we really will need that $1,100 5-in-1 crib that will last until our babies 18th birthday after all?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home