Thursday, August 11, 2005

Anxiety Attack

Umm… Wait a minute. This whole labor thing – this is going to hurt, huh? A lot, huh? Um… Is there any opt out clause I can take advantage of? I’m willing to pay extra if need be. I’m not real good with the anticipation of pain, and I’m certainly not a huge fan of needles. Hold on - the epidural needle is HOW big?! And Baby Knapp is expected to be, what… at least 8 pounds? That’s nearly 1 ½ times the size of a bag of flour! And, that’s supposed to come out of WHERE?! Ugh… I don’t think I’m ready for this…

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

YOU CAN SO DO IT! Just remember, Bex, God built your body to do this. It knows exactly what it is doing, you don't need to tell it what to do. Just sit back and let it happen! Yes, yes, WAY easier said than done, I know. I wish I could impart some of my hypnobirthing wisdom on you, but I think it's a little late for you to start dabbling in all that now. :) Just think, though, of all the women of history who have gone before you and draw on their memory and strength. BELIEVE that you can do this and you will! The mind is far more powerful than the body, and your attitude will greatly affect the kind of labor and delivery you have.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home